Monday, December 21, 2009

Sleeping with the dogs or no rest on vacation

My ex and kids went to Wyoming to visit grandparents and do a little snowboarding. I sure hope they had fun. I can't wait until they get home. I miss the kids and believe it or not I miss the ex. My ex wife has spoiled our family dogs to the point of me not being able to sleep while they are gone…

They left on Thursday evening, when I got home from the airport the remaining dogs we have at the house greeted me like I was their long lost brother. It's a wonderful thing to have an animal love you like that, and we have four today. I said today because my ex rescues miniature pinchers and from one day to the next you never know how many we may have. Anyway we have four while they are gone. Two dogs sleep in crates under blankets. They have no problem at all going to bed, as a matter of fact if I stay up later than they want to they will go snuggle up under their blanket and go to sleep without me tucking them in at all. I just have to remember to lock the crate otherwise they will get up in the middle of the night and go to the bathroom, or kitchen or living room…wherever they decide they want to pee.

It's the other two that inspired the title, they don't have any trouble going out in the middle of the night if they want to pee…good thing…they don't have a problem going to bed when its time. The problem is where they go to bed. Now my ex didn't want to sleep with me because I snored (her words, not mine) and I agree they dogs don't' snore but I'm not sure how she could get any more rest with what they do (maybe snoring wasn't the real reason…;-). They are min-pins if I didn't mention that before and they are short haired which means they are cold by nature, they want to be under the blanket and because they love attention they want to be under MY blanket. And at first I thought it was that they wanted it all, it isn't so. I have a California King and they are min-pins after all (hell both of them could curl up on my laptop). They want to be where I am, curled up against my butt or legs.

Good thing its winter, otherwise I'd be sleeping naked…even wearing PJ's by the time morning rolls around, my sleeping area consists of about two or three inches on the edge of my California King. Hence its 4 am and I'm writing a blog entry. These little shits are hot, they slide up against me and I slide away. The only place left to go is the floor so I wind up getting the laptop out and letting them snuggle and sleep while I write. Now my bed smells like dog, my PJ's smell like dog and now I know why the first thing in the morning my ex has to take a shower, cause I smell like dog.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, when I get up in the morning the first thing Misty does is rub her sent onto my pillow, real refreshing when I come back to bed tonight…shit.

prp

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Fed up is me, Bettye. You really should post the letter on one of the meet up group sites. It is really good and expresses in an appropriate way how a lot of us feel. The words for what I would like to say to that Jerk haven't been created yet. There is not a foul, ugly, nasty, or insulting name I have ever heard/said that fits that little puke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh come one, you love 'em...after all, you said "These little shits are hot" :-)

    Nothing like loving a dog like they way they love you! Come here big boy, you got a date tonight? :-)

    ReplyDelete

Search Thoughts for Today