Friday, January 15, 2010

CO2

For how many years have we been taught that CO2 was a natural part of our ecosystem? I know when I was growing up my mother told me that CO2 was the stuff we exhaled when we breathed and that if all we had were CO2, we couldn't survive. Well needless to say I was a thinking little tyke (I'm going to have to look up where tyke came from) and I was immediately wondering what was going to happen when we exhaled so much that CO2 was all that was left. Well my wonderful mother soothed my fears by taking me into the woods and showing me trees, bushes, grass and flowers and said that if we didn't breathe it out then these things couldn't live. She said that the bad stuff we breathed out was the good stuff that all the plants used to breathe in and in turn the bad stuff they breathed out was the good stuff we breathed in, so no matter how much articles like http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2009/02/090209205202.htm try to tell me how and why plants grow better with higher concentrations of CO2 I'm still gonna stick with what momma told me, she wouldn't lie.

tyke 

c.1400, "cur, mongrel," from O.N. tik "bitch," related to M.L.G. tike. Also applied to a low-bred or lazy man. The meaning "child" is from 1902, though it was used in playful reproof from 1894.

Online Etymology Dictionary, © 2001 Douglas Harper
Cite This Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Thoughts for Today