Saturday, January 16, 2010

Investment 101

I call it 101 because I don't know shit about it. I am willing to try and figure some of it out though. I got a call last night that said we have this new product that we are trying to introduce into the United States and would like for you to take a look at it. He went on to say that he would call me back after I viewed a 7.5 minute video and see if I liked what I saw. Well he sent me the video, which I watched http://amiraclemolecule.com/ron-media?PHPSESSID=1c9d39d0ec0979c373687130d2f40d94 and I think I'd sort of like to try this product…don't know but I like the idea of slowing down the aging process. Anyway he also asked that if I liked the video and idea, did I have 3 to 6 hours of time a week to invest in building an at home income. I said I could find that kind of time and to that said he asked if I had $300 bucks I could invest in it. I haven't talked to him after watching the video yet (was in a meeting when he called back this morning) but is that the investment? I get the right to contact other people and see if they are interested in an investment/make money from home project…they send me $300 of which I keep a percentage and send the rest on…another pyramid scheme??? Anyway it may all be legit but then I'd have a product I'd have to sell (maybe one I believed in but…)and I'm not a salesman.

On the other hand I could be an investor like the investors at the Investors Conference at the UN. They are urging governments to quick action on climate change legislation/rules, http://www.sustainablebusiness.com/index.cfm/go/news.display/id/19572 so they can invest in clean energy. Investor- verb- to put (money) to use, by purchase or expenditure, in something offering potential profitable returns, as interest, income, or appreciation in value.
Ok so now I know what an investor is and since I don't have any money I really can't be one but the investors at the investors conference at the UN do have money to invest so they can be…they just don't want to be, they want to be banks. They are urging governments to enact carbon trading schemes so they can invest…ok wait, isn't that like saying I want to gamble my money that green energy will boom and I'll make a much larger fortune, but if I'm going to do it I want government legislation that will guarantee a substantial return on my investment. Ok I guess that's an investment of sorts but we might as well change the definition of investor to read, Investor- verb- to put (money) to use, by purchase or expenditure, in something offering guaranteed profitable returns, as interest, income, or appreciation in value.
Good, now the investors club including Gore and Soros, don't have to risk their next house payment, they will be guaranteed to have it.

prp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Thoughts for Today