Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Aaagggghhhh…more rambling…


I've been reading the Daily Kos all evening, I have a twitch in my right eye, I'm right handed, I kick with my right foot, I vote right wing (though not quite as far right as some might think) and I wipe from the right side (Oh, stop it, I'm talking about my mouth) but the fact remains that I'm conservative and I can get my fill of health care, cap and trade, give everyone everything they want mentality of liberals very quickly. I did discover a thing or two about the left though, maybe I should have know it all along, but the left really don't mind capitalism and a free market economy…
as long as it supports the left agenda. For instance, the left really loves George Soros because he gives a pot full of money to their causes, they really like Al Gore because he really believes what he is preaching and donates large pots of money to their causes. The key here is they think making a big…nay, a huge…pot full of money is great in those circumstances because they believe that the person making the money believes in the cause. George Bush or Dick Chaney "don't really believe in what they are doing", "they don't really believe the country is at risk from terrorists", they are just doing it for the buck you know. You don't hear too much controversy over Bill and Melinda Gates, hell they are scheduled to give 2 billion away to charities this year, ok just because they are worth 50 billion doesn't matter…yet. Soon 2 billion won't be enough; it will have to be 10. Then that won't be enough, it will have to be 20 until Bill decides enough is enough, sells Microsoft to the government and retires for real.

I read the article penned by the New York Times about Al Gore, the left is calling it a hit piece, the right is calling it a softball piece and the people in the middle keeping their mouths shut. Well I don't like Al Gore, I don't like Al Gore because I make judgments on people and have to stick by them until I'm proven wrong. Al says the planet is warming because of CO2 and it appears that the science behind that is coming back to bite him.

I also don't like Jimmy Carter, not because he is going around building houses for poor people, I think that's great, give the man a hammer and let him go to work. Hell, even give him some air time and let him raise money for the Habitat for Humanity cause. I'd even be inclined to donate money or time to a cause like that (well if I had any money or time left). The reason I don't like Jimmy Carter is that he doesn't have the couth to stay out of politics on an international scale. George W Bush isn't criticizing President Obama and most ex-presidents at least have the grace to leave it alone once they have made whatever mark they are going to make on the country. I just think Jimmy's mark was simply 'Billy Beer' and 'Peanuts' and he wasn't satisfied with that.

Ok, back to Al "the debate is over" Gore.  So now it's greenhouse gasses (non specific greenhouse gasses) and not necessarily CO2…oh and the little fact that the planet has been cooling for the past decade isn't relevant remember, "the debate is over".  Kos readers are going to disagree with me by saying that x is happening here and y is happening there…see that's the proof of global warming.  It may be proof of global warming but who the hell is going to convince anyone?  There isn't anyone that can predict the weather out for a week, let alone what may happen to our planet in 50 years so if you want to push governments into passing laws saying I need to pay 100% more in energy bills to combat global warming then I say piss off, you haven't proven the science to me and I'm not willing to make my family suffer without proof.

Global warming won't be the culprit that does our society in however, it will be people, people will say we need to increase taxes to pay for health care, to pay for carbon emissions, to pay for third world country development, to bail out a bank in 'Connerdistan' or 'Blueturdistan' (made those up if you didn't know, really don't want to offend anyone in China or Russia…they may be our landlords soon). Some tree hugger that don't think human's have a right to be on this planet will be the one that brings down society. They will make it so that the world cannot support more than a billion or two people living green and it will cost us 4 to 5 billion or more to make that happen or they will get their hands on a few hundred nukes and use the 'nuclear option' to make it happen.

We as people have to worry about keeping enough of our wages to keep our families alive, we have to worry that the government won't let a burglar, mugger, rapist, or murderer loose in our neighborhoods because his rights were violated. We have to worry that a congress that we have elected won't believe they know better than we do and pass something that will take rights away from us, we have to worry that the W.H.O don't have the power to declare a global pandemic and make vaccinations mandatory, we have to worry that the UN and the Kyoto treaty does not take our sovereignty away to the point of giving our wealth to the third world countries, turning us into a third world country. When these things happen we won't be able to protect our wives, sons and daughters from anything, so let it be known right here and now that if it ever occurs that I'm put in a position of not being able to protect my family and have to sit by and watch them being abused, assaulted or worse then I'd rather be dead sooooo….take my guns, my knives, my bats, my rocks, my fists and you still won't have taken my spirit, there is only one way to take that…

prp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Thoughts for Today