Sunday, November 22, 2009

Nevada Streaming Video Debate


Last evening, 11-21-2009, starting at about 4 in the afternoon, 6 Republican candidates for the Senate seat now held by Harry Reid 'debated' the issues. I really think there were really only a few moments of actual debate in the entire evening but there were things in the evening that made watching and participating worthwhile. Almost all candidates have signed or say they will sign, the no new taxes pledge, though being politicians, I am distrustful of anything they say.

I do have to say that there are some in the field that are not 'politicians' in the real sense of the word.

Bill Parsons; military man, project manager, and first time politician, is he ready for the Senate?

Sharon Angle; been in politics for a while, really not sure how long but she does have a substantial voting record (and its conservative).

Robin Titus; talks a good conservative game but I'm still studying her…she has a huge hurtle to overcome… the name Titus, after what Dina is doing to us.

Mark Amodei; another one I'm having to research, don't know much but from the 'debate' last night he sounds conservative.

Sue Lowden; wow is she elusive, I got online about an hour late and when I did she was leaving because of another engagement. The old Republican guard have put her forth as 'the' candidate to defeat Harry Reid…suspicious…real suspicious.

Danny Tarkanian; I've listened to his wife, I've heard he's conservative, I've heard this is his third bid for office, I've heard he played basketball for his father (not a big basketball fan), I've heard he's young and handsome…not convinced he's the guy.

With the Bill Parsons question about is he ready? I'd say yes, and without having knowledge of the inner workings of the Senate he would be a wrench in the works, asking why does it have to be this way, why can't we do it this way? Can he be bought by the pacs or the lobbyists? Don't know but the real question here is can anyone else be bought? And the answer is an obvious yes, look how rich Harry is…oops did I just insinuate that Harry has been bought? Sorry, sometimes personal beliefs get into my writings. I could fix all this corruption but that would have to mean I would be immune to it…I like nice shit, so immune I'm not.

With Sharon Angle, she looks good on paper, maybe she can stand tall (wasn't a short joke) against the political machine, maybe she is the conservative voice we need in the Senate but I don't know yet. But I will say from my vantage point it is between these two.

Prp

P.S. A shout out to the CCGOP (that would be Carson City GOP) and Jen for putting the streaming video feed online for those of us who couldn't attend.

1 comment:

  1. Hey thanks! The real credit for the webcast goes to Phil Davies, Chris Hunter, and the tech team at BHFO.org, plus Mike Bertrand, Sheila Ward, and the rest of the PACT steering committee for providing the hardware and paving the way for us to get it done. I just (wo)manned the chat room! But it was our pleasure. Look for more of that from PACT and from the CCGOP (www.carsoncitygop.org) in the coming months!

    ReplyDelete

Search Thoughts for Today