Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Responses from my Representatives…wow!


I sent an email to Representative Titus telling her what I think about her stand on health care and cap and trade, below you will find what she sent back…well the bullet points of what she is 'trying' to do anyway. Classic political doublespeak, read it for yourself and see if it addresses her position on health care or cap and trade. After that you will find the response I sent back to her…life is good when you don't have to worry about your elected officials changing…

 Requesting that the Speaker of the House make major legislation available on the Internet for members and the general public at least 72 hours prior to voting on it with only the rarest and most necessary exemptions;
 Expanding transparency requirements to ensure that all members' requests for earmarks are publicly disclosed. Members are required to post their earmark requests on their websites at the time the request is made, explaining the purpose of the earmark and why it is a valuable use of taxpayer funds. I have posted all of my requests on my website at http://titus.house.gov/go/legislation/investments-in-southern-nevada.shtml. I should also point out that I have only requested earmarks for public and nonprofit entities, and not for private companies;
 Increasing public scrutiny of committee decisions by requiring earmark disclosure tables to be made public the same day as the subcommittee reports the bill; and
 For FY 2010 appropriations bills, earmarks will be reduced to 50 percent of the FY 2006 level. This is an increase from FY 2008 appropriations bills where earmark funding levels were reduced by 43 percent below the FY 2006 level.
Thank you again for taking the time to get involved. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of future service.

(my letter to her)
Representative Titus,
Thanks for sending me the itemized list of things you are 'trying' to do in congress...see the list below. But what about the things I asked about, you are voting for health care reform that you know will increase our taxes and build our deficit, Cap and Trade that will do the same thing yet I hear you and Senator Reid supporting it...where are your morals. Global warming isn't happening and in fact seems to be going the other way, yet you people in congress continue to push us toward a disastrous treaty with the UN that will turn the United States into a third world country...I just don't get it, do you really believe destroying the dollar, turning our sovereignty over to a one world government is what's best for Nevadans? I'm never sure about who I'm going to vote for until fairly close to the election, but rest assured your voting record will count with me and a small Federal government, reduced Federal spending and fiscal conservativism will carry my vote. BTW so far you aren't showing any signs of that.

1 comment:

  1. I applaud you for the response to her response. Doesn't it amaze you how they never answer the question? Doesn't it amaze you at how stupid they think we are? My greatest hope is that in 2010 there will be a huge turn over in the House. Then we will have to worry about all the new "conservatives" staying that way.

    ReplyDelete

Search Thoughts for Today