Saturday, October 17, 2009

Rum and Pepsi

Well my thumb is healing (well it least it doesn’t hurt quite so bad) and it’s Saturday. Sitting back enjoying a Rum and Pepsi that the government is looking at for more tax revenue because I’ve made bad lifestyle choices. I drink Rum and Pepsi almost exclusively because I can’t drink beer.
I know it may sound stupid but I have a kidney that bleeds if I drink beer (caused by a car accident when I was 13) so I’ve made the best lifestyle choice I could. The way I see it is that I have three choices; Drink beer and bleed. Drink hard alcohol and don’t bleed. Or drink nether and don’t bleed. Pretty simple choice for me, I don’t have the resources to take vacations and travel, I live with my two teenage kids and my ex-wife (don’t ask) and I don’t smoke. That leaves a couple of things I can do for enjoyment, drink or…well remember I live with my ex-wife, so drinking it is. Now if some in government get what they want I’ll have to pay more for my insurance because I want a little enjoyment in my life.


All of this of course isn’t to say that the representatives we send to congress will stop drinking or smoking, they don’t have to pay for their health care. Besides what would they do with their hands at those Washington parties if they didn’t have a cocktail in hand? You can bet there would be part of the word in hand. Ever wonder why there are so many pro-choice representatives, it limits their visible mistakes.

Speaking of visible mistakes I wonder if, now that the last patriarch of the Kennedy dynasty is dead, someone will pull the ‘cash invisibility cloak’ off of the family. Now it’s only money that will keep the secrets and if money don’t carry political muscle behind it then it is only money after all.

prp

2 comments:

  1. Randy,
    Do you drink Regular or Diet Pepsi with the Rum? We like Pepsi One with Bourbon. I had a bourbon and coke recently and it was icky. Could have been the brand of bourbon, but I think it was the coke.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Regular Pepsi. Wouldn't want to lose any weight by drinking Diet anything...;-)

    ReplyDelete

Search Thoughts for Today