Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Shirt stains ... or You can't fix stupid

As anyone who might have wasted their time reading the drivel I write here will know, I made an attempt, as half hearted as it was, to cut the tip of my thumb off (See entry "A little thumb in your salad?"). I wasn't completely successful until two days later when the skin became so sore I decided to, with as much precision as I could muster, take the flap of skin off. Well that worked well for me, I took my super sharp pocket knife, the one I should have been shaving with when I tried to cut the tip of my nose off, and started working on the small patch of skin that held the flap on. Well I couldn't do it on a single rum and Pepsi, the damned thing hurt, so I waited until I'd had two and was working on my third. Ok so intelligence isn't something my family was cursed with. Anyway to open a pocket knife that, as I mentioned above, is super sharp, to cut off a flap of skin from my already sore thumb was ...wait for it...it rimes with thumb...


Anyway, needless to say its been over a week and the stupid thing still bleeds every time I try to button my shirt, zip up my coat, put on my gloves, etc. At least it doesn't hurt any more (well unless I jam it into something that doesn't move, which I'm finding I do with some regularity) and the bleeding is just little traces, that are actually big enough to be seen on my work shirts and be asked "Oh my god, do you know you are bleeding?".

I have been tempted to just call in sick and put it in traction for a week and let it heal but then my kids would laugh at me for being a wimp...

prp

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search Thoughts for Today